Gourmet Events Hawaii (GEH) was selected by Hawaii Business Magazine as a BEST PLACE TO WORK company and by Honolulu Magazine as BEST EVENT PLANNING company for multiple years in a row! Our growing and innovative company is seeking an additional full-time, excellent senior event planner with 3+ years experience to join our hospitality team!
As the first point of contact with clients, event planners make the magic happen and create wonderful lasting memories. Responsibilities include managing client relationship, preparing timelines and floor plans, contacting vendors for decor and entertainment, submitting orders for supplies, coordinating staffing needs, and executing events. Works closely with other event planners, staffing team, and warehouse support.
We are seeking applicants with the following:
- Working knowledge of CaterEase highly desired
- Extensive off-site catering experience
- 3+ years of event planning experience
- Strong customer service to deliver WOW to clients
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing, with clients, staff, and vendors
- Timely responsiveness to provide immediate communication to address urgent matters and successfully collaborate among all team members involved
- Strong desire to learn, grow, and continually improve
- Flexibility to handle frequent changes
- Enthusiasm and passion for the hospitality industry
- Engagement with GEH core values
- Initiative and drive to work in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving skills and positive attitude to successfully and resourcefully overcome challenges
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time constraints
- High attention to detail to manage logistics, with care and accuracy
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with ability to learn and use client databases
Apply now and begin a new adventure with our team today!